Maple Leaf Prime
I love chicken, it is also one of the only meats my DD doesn’t say “do we have to have that” to. The great thing about chicken is that it is is naturally gluten free. So I can do anything with it as long as what I add to it is gluten free.
Maple Leaf Prime Naturally Portions™ are 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts individually wrapped and vacuum sealed inside an easy open and easy close outer bag. This allows you to only use what you need and save the rest for when you need it. They are great for the times that I am not home and my Husband can just take a couple of breast out for dinner or when we are having something and our darling DD decides that she prefers chicken.
I love that the breast themselves are always a really good size and they are always so very tender and juicy.
My favorite thing to do is o put them in foil packs and then put on the BBQ – it is the easiest when everyone likes a different sauce, so we all get to have what we want and it is an easy dinner for me to make!
The other night I decided I wanted to have wraps for dinner, here is my recipe for our gluten free zesty chicken wraps.
- 1 package of gluten free rice or corn tortillas
- foil [for pouches]
- Tuscan Italian dressing [gluten free]
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 head of romaine, washed and leaves separated
- Take the foil and cut 4 pieces each at least 10 in wide by 12 long
- place one breast in the middle of each piece of foil, then fold the foil over chicken and wrap the edges together to seal
- Add 30-45 ml of dressing to each foil. making sure that each breast is completely covered.
- Seal pouch and place on tray on BBQ [helps if any liquid seeps out]
- Cook at med heat for approx 20 min until cooked through.
- Remove chicken; cut into ½ inch strips
- There will still be some liquid in the pouches that you can reserve for later.
- Take one tortilla, place romaine on top, then place a few strips of chicken, then carrot , then a few slices of avocado.
- take the sauce remaining in the foil pouch and drizzle over chicken and vegetables, then roll up the wrap! Enjoy!
To find out more about Maple Leaf Prime and all their great products, as well as more recipes please visit their site
I have a $50 VISA Gift card to give away, thanks to the generous people at Maple Leaf Foods!
Here’s how to enter! Canadians only for this one please, and please leave a valid e-mail address, or we can’t get in touch with you for your prize.
Join me on MOMentum Nation